"He told me of his belief in the existence of a thousand and one gods, gods he believed could be found in all things: the fire in the hearth, the water in the river and the air that we breathed. Pretty enough for a story, perhaps. But any reasoned individual must surely, as I did, scoff at such a view of the world as little more than superstition."— Abd al-Hazir(src)
Sahptev is the faith practiced by the Monks of Ivgorod.
"You are an impressive warrior, despite your rudimentary beliefs. It must be difficult keeping all those gods straight."— Abd al-Hazir(src)
Sahptev involves the worship of 1001 gods and goddesses, said gods being based on virtually every kind of physical object and concept in existence. These gods are divided into gods of order and gods of chaos. The High Heavens (or the monks' interpretation of them) apparently plays a role in this system of worship. Every Monk holds a god as their patron. As many of the Monks value strength and resolve, it is common for them to seek the patronage of deities in the faith that embody these traits (e.g. Zaim and Ytar).
- Auriel, Goddess of Hope
- Diablo, God of Terror and Chaos
- God of the Forest (name unknown)
- Inna, Goddess of the Sky
- Imperius, God of Valor
- Itherael, God of Fate
- Malthael, God of Wisdom/God of Death
- Tyrael, God of Justice
- Ymil, God of the Rivers
- Ytar, God of the Sun/Fire
- Zaim, God of the Mountains
- It is the view of Michael Chu that Sahptev is based on a "small glimpse into a greater reality." The similarities of the conflict between order and chaos and the Eternal Conflict is an intentional one from a development perspective.
- The Angiris Council members are considered gods to the Sahptev but at the same time, they are not.
- ↑ Book of Cain
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2013-12-08, BlizzCon 2013 – Diablo III Lore and Story Q&A Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2014-03-29
- ↑ Diablo III, Won Khim Lau
- ↑ Book of Tyrael
- ↑ Diablo III, Monk/Enchantress Dialogue
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Unyielding
- ↑ Heroes of the Storm, Kharazim Dialogue
- ↑ Book of Tyrael