| Seismic Slam|
Class: Barbarian (Diablo III)
Required Level: 12
Skill Category: Secondary
Cost: 30 Fury
Slam the ground and cause a wave of destruction that deals 620% damage as Physical to enemies up to 50 yards in front of the Barbarian.
Damage Type: Physical
Seismic Slam is a Secondary Barbarian skill, and one of the three that may be described as ranged skills.
The Barbarian lifts up one foot and brings it down with his/her weapon, slamming them into the ground and sending forth a deadly shockwave. This wave expands in a cone, roughly 30 degrees wide and 50 yards long, moving quickly (but not instantly), expanding as it nears its full length.
The wave has a minimum width (10 yards) at close distance, and ignores line of sight and most obstacles, including Waller affix barriers.
- Stagger: damage type changes to Lightning and reduces Fury cost to 22.
- Shattered Ground: damage type changes to Fire, damage increases to 735%, and enemies hit are knocked up in the air for a moment.
- Rumble: area of effect also pulses with shockwaves for 2 seconds, dealing 115% damage per second to enemies remaining within it.
- Strength from Earth: the Barbarian also heals 1% of maximum Life for every enemy hit by Seismic Slam.
- Permafrost: damage type changes to Cold, increases damage to 755% and Chills affected enemies by 60% for 1 second.
- Fury of the Vanished Peak (Legendary Two-Handed Mighty Weapon): reduces Fury cost by 40-50% and increases damage by 100-125%.
- Bracers of Destruction (Legendary Bracers): increases damage done to the first 5 enemies hit by 300-400%.
- Girdle of Giants (Legendary Mighty Belt): Seismic Slam increases Earthquake damage by 80–100% for 3 seconds.
- Might of the Earth Set (Set Bonus for 6 items): increases damage by 1200%.
- No Escape: Seismic Slam deals 30% more damage to enemies at least 15 yards away from the Barbarian.
Seismic Slam was one of the more difficult skills to develop, as it was the first effects-heavy ability, and involved ground effects. Originally, the terrain would break apart after it was used.