Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Required Level: 16
Skill Category: Defensive
Cooldown: 16 seconds
The Monk is enveloped in a protective shield that absorbs all incoming damage for 3 seconds and grants immunity to all control impairing effects.
Damage Type: Holy
Other Stats: Can be cast on the move; Does not interrupt casting; Can be used under crowd control effects; Breaks crowd control effects; Does not start cooldown until after effects expire
Serenity is a Defensive Monk skill.
When activated, makes the Monk completely immune to damage, even to attacks that normally kill outright, as well as all other harmful effects, for a short time. Visually, their armor vanishes, and the skin transforms into shining metal. There is no limit on amount of damage this skill can absorb. Note that the cooldown does not start until the effect wears off, normally allowing the ability to be used every 19 seconds.
- Peaceful Repose: when activated, Serenity also heals the Monk. The amount of Life restored scales with level, up to 93,874 to 120,685 at level 70. This amount is further increased by 40% of the Health Globe healing bonus (unlocked at level 23).
- Unwelcome Disturbance: also unleashes a deadly blast every second while Serenity lasts, hitting enemies within 20 yards for 438% damage as Physical (unlocked at level 29).
- Tranquility: allies within 45 yards are also protected for 3 seconds, gaining protective shields that absorb damage (scales with level, up to 92430 at level 70) and make them immune to control impairing effects like Slow and Frozen. Technically, this damage is redirected to the Monk. Amount absorbed is increased by 40% of the Monk's Health Globe healing bonus (unlocked at level 39).
- Ascension: increases the duration to 4 seconds (unlocked at level 47).
- Instant Karma: while Serenity is active, the Monk can move through enemies and Waller affix barriers unhindered (unlocked at level 54).
|This page contains obsolete content|
This article contains information that is no longer relevant to gameplay, but is kept here for informational purposes.
- A possible inspiration for this skill are the legends of Shaolin monks, so pure of soul that their bodies are like iron. These legends are partially based on real ability of some trained martial artists to break metal bars with their bare hands (and other body parts).
- Skill of the same name exists in World of Warcraft as well, being an optional talent choice for Monks.