Sescheron was an extraordinarily large city; a living symbol of united Barbarian tribes. Its gates guarded the lone path to the Worldstone, and the Children of Bul-Kathos were tasked with defending them. It was believed that the city would never fall, and the people of the Northern Steppes would always stand vigilant.
The Day All Hope Was LostEdit
- Baal, just prior to the beginning of the siege.(src)
In 1265, Sescheron was besieged by the Prime Evil Baal and his Army of Destruction during their assault on Mount Arreat. Baal was greeted by a lone emissary who demanded that Baal and his forces withdraw, and that the Worldstone would never be his. Infuriated, Baal summoned demonic forces to tear the emissary apart, before letting loose his forces upon the city. Baal had drawn first blood, but in what would be called "the day all hope was lost," far more blood would be spilt.
Chief Elder Kanai and his people stood their ground against the impossible flood of Baal’s army with every fiber of their being. However, the defenses were overcome and the city was sacked over the course of a single day. Baal's forces subsequently marched on Harrogath, leaving Sescheron in ruins, along with the hopeless madness of a failed people, and the cold, empty shadows of a once mighty civilization.
The Ruins of SescheronEdit
Now, twenty years after its fall, Sescheron lies empty, standing in a frozen wasteland. Monsters have come up from the forests and down from the mountains to infest its ruins. Months after the defeat of Malthael, the ruins were explored by the Nephalem and the spirit of Zoltun Kulle, as they sought to recover a Barbarian artifact.
|This page contains future content|
This article contains information that has not yet been released. The subject matter may not be accurate and/or may change before release.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 2014-11-27, BlizzCon 2014 – Diablo III: What’s Next Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2015-03-14
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2015-07-21, PATCH 2.3.0 PREVIEW: RUINS OF SESCHERON. Blizzard Entertainment, Accessed on 2015-07-25
- ↑ Diablo II: Lord of Destruction Opening Cinematic
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Book of Cain
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 2014-11-27, BlizzCon 2014 – Diablo III: What’s Next Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2015-03-14
- ↑ 2015-06-23, PATCH 2.3.0 PTR PREVIEW. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-06-29
- ↑ Diablo III, Adventure Mode
|Towns in the Diablo series|
| Dreadlands—Bastion's Keep • Harrogath • Sescheron • Staalbreak|
Kehjistan—Alcarnus • Caldeum • Gea Kul • Hashir • Kehjan • Kurast • Lut Bahadur • Partha • Toraja • Travincal • Tulisam • Viz-jun