Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A Shael rune is a low rune which can be socketed into equipment in Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. Shael runes are not used in many popular rune words, but their mods are useful for meeting increased attack speed, faster hit recovery and faster block rate breakpoints.
|Weapon||20% Increased Attack Speed|
|Body armor or helm||20% Faster Hit Recovery|
|Shield||20% Faster Block Rate|
Socketing an item with a Shael rune increases the item's level requirement to 29, unless it was already higher.
The Countess's extra rune drops on nightmare or hell difficulty can include Shael runes.
The Hellforge on nightmare difficulty has a 1 in 11 chance to drop a Shael rune as part of its quest reward.
The Act 5 Good treasure class has a chance to drop a Shael rune, as do higher Good treasure classes.
Shael runes are used in nine rune words.
- Crescent Moon 'ShaelUmTir' axe, sword or polearm
- Duress 'ShaelUmThul' body armor
- Ice 'AmnShaelJahLo' missile weapon (ladder only)
- Melody 'ShaelKoNef' missile weapon
- Oath 'ShaelPulMalLum' sword, axe or mace (ladder only)
- Peace 'ShaelThulAmn' body armor
- Rhyme 'ShaelEth' off-hand armor
- Stone 'ShaelUmPulLum' body armor
- Treachery 'ShaelThulLem' body armor
Shael runes are used in two Horadric Cube recipes.
- Transmute three Shael runes and a chipped ruby to create one Dol rune.
- Transmute basic unique armor, a Tal rune, a Shael rune, and a perfect diamond to upgrade the unique armor's base armor type to its exceptional version.
- Prior to Patch 1.09, Shael Runes were called Shae.