The Skovos Isles (a.k.a. Amazon Islands) are a group of islands located in the Twin Seas. They consist of four main islands (Philios, Skovos, Lycander, Skartara), and are the home of the Askari.
The isles possess a dense rainforest environment. It is in the forest canopy in which the Askari have constructed their cities. The canopy is so dense that little light reaches the ground. Hunting through the forests' undergrowth is fraught with many obstacles—confining overgrowth and fierce indigenous animals conspire to make combat difficult, if not impossible, though the Amazons have adapted to their forest home in this regard. Some of the native flora is toxic.
For the most part, the islands possess an ever-balmy climate, and winter never seems to arrive.
- Mount Arnazeus (located on Philios)
- Mount Karcheus (located on Philios)
- Temis (capital)
- Tran Athulua
- It was revealed during the 2008 BlizzCon's Lore & Art Panel for Diablo III that Skovos would not be visitable by the player during the events of the game, but was internally fleshed out so it could be made reference to by the people in the game world. The isles receive mention in Act V, as Tyrael and Lorath Nahr discuss that a Horadrim expedition sent to the isles has not returned.
- The Bloodstone Tomb refers to the "plains" of the South Seas/homeland of the Amazon, seemingly contradicting the assertion of the islands being dominated by jungle.
- ↑ Arreat Summit: Magic Arrow, Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2015-02-10
- ↑ Book of Cain
- ↑ Amazon History, The Arreat Summit. Accessed on 2013-10-22
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Passive and Magic Skills, The Arreat Summit. Accessed on 2013-10-22
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Javelin and Spear Skills, The Arreat Summit. Accessed on 2013-10-22
- ↑ Bow and Crossbow Skills, The Arreat Summit. Accessed on 2013-10-22
- ↑ 2014-05-19, More Info From The Anniversary Dev Stream. Diablo Fans.com, accessed on 2014-05-20
- ↑ 2013-10-19, BlizzCon Diablo 3 Lore Panel Video. Diablo IncGamers, accessed on 2013-10-22