| Storm Armor|
Required Level: 17
Skill Category: Conjuration
Active / Passive
Cost: 25 Arcane Power
Bathe in electrical energy, periodically shocking a nearby enemy for 175% damage as Lightning. Lasts 10 minutes.
Damage Type: Lightning
Other Stats: Only one Armor spell can be active at a time; Does not interrupt casting; Can be cast on the move
A storm of immense proportions follows the Wizard, offering no protection, but striking random enemies within 35 yards with thunderbolts for Lightning damage. Each enemy can only be hit once every few seconds, and only one enemy can be hit with a single tick. It counts as an Armor spell, and only one Armor can be active at a time.
Storm Armor is oriented at 'kiting' builds, which assume no contact with enemy where possible. It serves as a 'passive' damage rather than protection, fully effective even when the Wizard is on the move.
- Reactive Armor: Ranged and melee attackers are also shocked for 189% damage as Lightning (unlocked at level 23).
- Power of the Storm: Reduces the Arcane Power cost of all skills by 3 while Storm Armor is active (unlocked at level 33).
- Thunder Storm: Increases the damage of the shock to 315% damage as Lightning (unlocked at level 37).
- Scramble: Increases the Wizard's movement speed by 25% for 3 seconds when they are hit by melee or ranged attacks. Effect does not stack (unlocked at level 43, ).
- Shocking Aspect: Critical Hits of all attacks have a chance (equal to Proc Coefficient of the spell) to electrocute a nearby enemy for 425% damage as Lightning (unlocked at level 58).
- Halo of Karini (Legendary Ring): after Storm Armor electrocutes an enemy at 15 yards away from the Wizard or farther, the Wizard takes 60-80% less damage for 5 seconds.
|This page contains obsolete content|
This article contains information that is no longer relevant to gameplay, but is kept here for informational purposes.
- Originally Storm Armor's normal effect was reactive damage, and only one rune provided passive damage. It was reversed in patch 1.0.4.