A Sur rune is a high rune which can be socketed into equipment in Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. Although Sur runes are rare, rune words containing Sur are not popular. In ladder games, Sur runes are useful for transmuting into valuable Ber runes.
|Weapon||Hit Blinds Target|
|Body armor or helm||Maximum Mana 5%|
|Shield||+50 To Mana|
Socketing an item with a Sur rune increases the item's level requirement to 61, unless it was already higher.
The Act 3 (H) Good treasure class has a chance to drop a Sur rune, as do higher Good treasure classes.
Sur runes are used in seven rune words.
- Bramble 'RalOhmSurEth' body armor
- Dragon 'SurLoSol' body armor or off-hand armor (ladder only)
- Eternity 'AmnBerIstSolSur' melee weapon
- Hand of Justice 'SurChamAmnLo' weapon
- Last Wish 'JahMalJahSurJahBer' sword, hammer or axe (ladder only)
- Pride 'ChamSurIoLo' polearm (ladder only)
- Wind 'SurEl' melee weapon
Sur runes are used in one Horadric Cube recipe.
- Transmute two Sur runes and a flawless amethyst to create one Ber rune. (single-player, open or ladder only)