The paperback graphic novel collection went on sale July 9, 2013.
The main character, Jacob, receives visions of an ancient prophecy from Tyrael's sword. The prophecy leads him to the archangel. It is set 20 years after the events of Lord of Destruction and acts as a bridge between Diablo II and its sequel, giving information on what has been happening in Sanctuary in the two decade gap between games. It is mostly centered in the Dreadlands and the Arreat Crater. Other locations glimpsed at include Lut Gholein.
November 23, 2011.
From the world and legends of Sanctuary, the setting for the award-winning Diablo video game, comes the tale of a hero’s birth. Jacob has fled from his homeland in the north, hunted by his kinsmen for the crime of murder.
Led by the visions of an ancient prophet, pursued by his childhood friend, Jacob finds his destiny in a desert cave at the foot of a mountain carved in two by the sword of an archangel – Tyrael. But will Jacob be able to claim the sword that could save his people, if not the world, before he’s brought to “justice”?
The Dreadlands are being corrupted by madness, causing its victims to open their flesh and lash out at friend and foe alike. Jacob, a young fugitive from the city of Staalbreak, may be Sanctuary’s only hope to stop this plague before it consumes or destroys mankind. His destiny is bound to a mysterious sword and the woman who watches over it, but his own troubled soul may keep him from embracing its true power in time.
Writer: Aaron Williams
Art and cover: Joseph Lacroix
Release Date: January 18, 2012
Jacob’s quest to atone for his past and rid his homeland of a supernatural plague continues! Joined by the wizard Shanar, the duo find themselves pitted against terrible evils as well as Jacob’s own corrupted countrymen. To save them, the young hero must risk his life as well as the newfound Sword of Justice by placing himself at their mercy. With Sanctuary’s very survival at stake, what dark secrets will Jacob learn as a result?
Writer: Aaron Williams
Art/Cover: Joseph LaCroix
Publisher: DC Comics
Price: $2.99 US
Release Date: March 21, 2012
Continuing the story based on the hit video game! JACOB, armed with the SWORD OF JUSTICE continues his quest to discover the source of the rage plague near STAALBREAK! If left unchecked, this evil may threaten all of SANCTUARY!
Written by AARON WILLIAMS; Art and cover by JOSEPH LACROIX
Release Date: May 30, 2012.
• Staalbreak’s future hangs in the balance as the barbarian horde attacks in the miniseries’ finale.
• Discover the origin of the evil Sanctuary!
• Jacob and Shanar gain a new ally in their quest for the source of the Rage Plague!
• Journey with the last defenders against the demonic infestation of the Dreadlands into the ruins of Mount Arreat!
Release Date: August 29, 2012.
- ↑ Diablo: Sword of Justice (Paperback). Amazon. Accessed 2013-05-24.
- ↑ Medievaldragon. 2012-07-23. SDCC 2011 – Diablo: Sword of Justice 5-issues Comic Book Mini-Series On Sale 2012. Blizzplanet. Accessed 2011-07-23.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 2012-12-19, Blizzplanet Interviews DC Comics Diablo: Sword of Justice writer Aaron Williams and artist Joseph Lacroix. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2012-05-28
- ↑ 2012-04-29, Sword of Justice Comic Creators Interview. Diablo Expert, accessed on 2012-05-28
- ↑ Medievaldragon. 2011-08-16. DC Comics Diablo # 1 On Sale November.23.2011. Blizzplanet. Accessed 2011-08-17.
- ↑ Medievaldragon. 2011-10-24. DC Comics Diablo # 2. Blizzplanet. Accessed 2011-10-24.
- ↑ Medievaldragon. 2011-12-17. DC Comics Diablo # 3 Solicitation. Blizzplanet. Accessed 2011-12-22.
- ↑ Medievaldragon. 2012-02-26. DC Comics Diablo # 4 Solicitations. Blizzplanet. Accessed 2012-02-27.
- ↑ Diablo #5. DC Comics. Accessed 2012-06-14.