Team 3 is the designation for a Blizzard Entertainment development team, receiving its designation as per the company's post-World of Warcraft approach to games development. It is responsible for the development of Diablo III. Few members of Team 3 are from Blizzard North, though many had played the previous installments before beginning work on Diablo III. In the time period between the release of Diablo III and Reaper of Souls, the team consisted of 400 individuals.
In December, 2014, members of Team 3 provided consultation with Bungie on the development of The Taken King, as Activision had noticed similar complaints leveled at Destiny as the original version of Diablo III.
- ↑ 2014-10-03, THE THREE LIVES OF BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT. Polygon, accessed on 2014-10-04
- ↑ 2014-02-07, Heroes of the Storm Developer Q&A Part 2 (Jan 22, 2014) – Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2014-06-11
- ↑ 2011-11-29, Diablo III feature: Blizzard's plans to satisfy their fanbase and still deliver a fresh experience. PC Gamer, accessed on 2014-11-10
- ↑ 2017-08-02, How Blizzard Saved Diablo 3 From Disaster. Kotaku, accessed on 2017-08-06
- ↑ 2015-10-20, The Messy, True Story Behind The Making Of Destiny. Kotaku, accessed on 2015-10-21