Everything here is related to The Darkening of Tristram event, which is limited-time event in Diablo III. It only occurs in January of each year starting with 2017, paying homage to the release date of Diablo I.
- The Butcher, obtained for clearing Anniversary Dungeon with a fresh character in one go.
- Royal Calf, obtained through a semi-secret event line (see below).
Transmogrification weapons Edit
- The Butcher's Cleaver is looted from the Butcher (it's a Magic quality item).
Cultist Pages Edit
Classic Angel — A timeless guardian of order gazes upon you.
Waypoint zones are:
- Act I: The Weeping Hollow, Festering Woods, Cathedral Levels 1, 2 and 4, Halls of Agony levels 1, 2 and 3;
- Act II: Dahlgur Oasis, Desolate Sands;
- Act III: Keep Depths 1, 2 and 3, Stonefort, Rakkis Crossing, Arreat Crater 1, Tower of the Damned 1, The Core of Arreat
- Act IV: Gardens of Hope 1, 2 and 3, Silver Spire 1 and 2, Hell Rift 1
- Act V: Westmarch Commons, Westmarch Heights, Paths of the Drowned, Battlefields of Eternity
See the relevant page for more details.
Unique Monsters Edit
Classic Demon — You are watched by a malevolent force from years past.
To obtain Classic Demon portrait, you must kill all of the Unique monsters inside the Labyrinth listed bellow:
- Level 1 — None
- Level 2 — Shadowbite, Rotfeast the Hungry
- Level 3 — Madeye the Dead, Brokenhead Bangshield
- Level 4 — Gharbad the Weak (*), Snotspill (*), Blackash the Burning
- Level 5 — Bloodskin Darkbow, Foulwing, Shadowcrow
- Level 6 — Deathshade Fleshmaul, Bilefroth the Pit Master, Bloodgutter
- Level 7 — Blighthorn Steelmace, Gorestone, Nightwing the Cold
- Level 8 — Firewound the Grim, Zhar the Mad (*), Baron Sludge
- Level 9 — Breakspine, Brokenstorm, Oozedrool
- Level 10 — The Flayer, Goldblight of the Flame, Blackstorm
- Level 11 — Bluehorn, Fangspeir
- Level 12 — Viperflame, Viletouch, Lionskull the Bent
- Level 13 — Warlord of Blood (*), Rustweaver, Witchmoon
- Level 14 — Steelskull the Hunter, Graywar the Slayer, Stareye the Witch
- Level 15 — The Vizier (*);
- Unholy Altar — Red Vex (*), Blackjade (*);
- Level 16 — Sir Gorash (*)
(*) These monsters will always appear, in every game.
Each level is guaranteed to contain at least one unique monster and those already spawned do not prevent an additional monster from appearing. Statistically, it takes roughly 6-7 runs to collect all 40 of them.
Besides other loot, that can be found within Anniversary dungeon, there is a guaranteed drop of these magic items.
- Quest Reward-Based Items
- Ring of Truth from a Resplendent Chest in Dark Passage on Level 2
- The Butcher's Cleaver from The Butcher on Level 2
- The Undead Crown from Skeleton King in King Leoric's Tomb on Level 3
- Harlequin Crest from Snotspill on Level 4
- Arkaine's Valor after solving a puzzle on Level 5
- Empyrean Band from Magic Rock on Level 5
- Optic Amulet from a Resplendent Chest in the Halls of the Blind on Level 7
- Griswold's Edge from Anvil of Fury on Level 10
- Veil of Steel from Lachdanan's Corpse on Level 14
- Red Soul Shard after killing the Dark Lord on Level 16
Level 1 Edit
"The sanctity of this place has been fouled." — Ghastly Voice
Upon entering, ghastly voice of the hero from Diablo I can be heard as the music of Cathedral levels begins to play. Much like in the original game, player will soon find himself surrounded by various enemies.
Enemies in this dungeon bear strong resemblance to their Diablo I counterparts. Some of them do have their old abilities, and some do not. Those monsters, which do not have a direct equivalent in D3, use graphics of the closest possible match
Level 2 Edit
It also introduces first two uniques which are mandatory for obtaining achievements Champion the Townsfolk and Protector of Tristram.
Level 3 Edit
Third level of the Cathedral.
- Black Death and Ghoul
- Carver, Dark One
- Burning Dead Skeletons, Corpse Skeletons, Skeleton Archer, Horror
- Plague Eater and Shadow Beast
Level 4 EditLast cathedral floor. Three unique monsters, one of them with random chance to spawn, can be found within its nooks and crannies.
Level 5 Edit
"The smell of death surrounds me." — Ghastly Voice
Voice of the warrior from Diablo I can be heard for the second time as the music of Catacomb levels plays. Level 5 of Labyrint is the first level of Catacombs, which uses slightly reskinned assets of Ruins of Corvus.
Level 6 Edit
Second level of the Catacombs, in which an entrance to the Chamber of Bone can be found.
- Fire Clan, Stone Clan, Flesh Clan
- Horror Archer and Horror Captain
- Bone Gasher, Acid Beast
Level 7 EditIn this catacomb level lies entrance to the Halls of the Blind. To get there, player must read the Tome of the Blind.
Level 8 Edit
Eighth level is where Zhar the Mad can be found, studying the Musty Tome. This mimicks the quest of the same name from Diablo I, Zhar the Mad. Upon entering, mage drops a few golds to get you walking away. Walking back and interacting with his tome breaks his concetration and makes him mad, thus attacking you.
- Blood Stone, Magma Demon
- Toad Demon, Mud Man
- Poison Spitter, Acid Beast
- Night Clan
Level 9 Edit
"It's hot down here." — Ghastly Voice
Level 10 Edit
Level 11 EditThird level of caves harbors only two randomly spawned unique monsters.
Level 12 EditLast level of the caves. The only challenge that awaits the player are three randomly spawned unique monsters.
- Storm Lord, Storm Rider, Maelstrom
- Black Knight
- Lava Maw
- Fire Drake
- Flayed One
- Obsidian Lord
Level 13 Edit
"I must be getting close." — Ghastly Voice
First Hell styled level, which uses graphic assets of the Halls of Agony.
Level 14 Edit
Level 15 Edit
Unholy Altar Edit
Stylistic return to the Cathedral levels, features simple and unique layout.
Two Book of Lazarus are placed on both sides of the level, serving as a one-way portal to two chambers filled with monsters. Activating the second one always spawns Arch-Bishop Lazarus atop of transporting player to an obvious trap.
Killing Arch-Bishop Lazarus results in opening a Red portal to Level 16.