Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Initiate is a two-part poem written by Chris Metzen. The two parts are found in the manuals of Diablo and Diablo II respectively.
The Initiate (Part 1)Edit
- Which way is the right path, as I stand upon
- this chaotic crossroad of hate...
- How many ways are there to roam
- on this dark and damned road of Fate...
- "There are many ways, my son,
- to find where the souls of Demons remain...
- But it takes only one second of despair and of doubt
- until at last, your soul, they will gain...
- Inherit these lands, these things, these dreams
- that are yours, forever, to adore...
- For there is no life, in the depths of chaos, my son,
- for you to explore..."
The Adept (Part 2)Edit
- I have walked the paths; the shadowed roads
- that led to terror’s breast. I have plumbed the depths of
- Hatred’s womb and scaled Destruction’s crest.
- For every secret left unveiled, for every power learned,
- I’d sell the remnants of my soul, regardless how it burned.
- And still I sought a higher wisdom few could have attained.
- ‘Though I found it, it would leave me - broken, damned and drained.
- For now I find this power gained is more unto a curse.
- My spirit burns with every spell and each irreverent verse.
- Despite this strength and knowledge earned, I have paid a heavy toll,
- Never should’ve traded power for my own immortal soul.”