Diablo I Tomes
There are several tomes to be found within the dark labyrinth beneath Tristram. The following list is an index of these tomes:
- The Book of Blood
- The Mythical Book
- The Book of the Blind
- The Ancient Tome
- The Fungal Tome (quest item)
- The Steel Tome
- The Dark Exile
- The Sin War
- The Binding of the Three
- The Great Conflict
- The Wages of Sin are War
- The Tale of the Horadrim
- The The Realms Beyond
- The Tale of the Three
- The Black King Tome
In addition, Spellbooks can be found throughout the game or bought and used to learn (or augment) various spells and abilities.
Diablo II Tomes
In the second game, tomes have become more rare. The following tomes can be found throughout the wilderness of Sanctuary:
In Diablo II tomes are also items which can collect magical scrolls. There are two types of tomes:
Designed to hold volumes of similar spells, each tome can store up to 20 scrolls of the same type. Vendors who sell scrolls generally sell tomes as well. Right-click on a tome to cast one of the scrolls stored within it. When a tome is empty, it remains in inventory until it is replenished with more scrolls, sold, dropped, or traded. Add scrolls to a tome in your inventory or Stash by dropping the scroll directly onto the tome. Dropping one tome onto another consolidates both into a single tome.
- You may also hotkey the use of a tome, so that, for example, when you click on your pre-selected hotkey, a single scroll from your tome will be used to cast Town Portal.
- Fill Tome: By pressing the shift key while right-clicking on a scroll you want to buy, you automatically purchase enough scrolls to fill the first unfilled tome of that scroll type in your inventory.
- The voice actor of the Diablo I tomes returns in Diablo II as narrator of the Moldy Tome and Horazon's Journal.
- If Archbishop Lazarus really wrote some of the above mentioned tomes, he must have spend quite some time in the labyrinth.