Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Torment is the highest difficulty setting in Diablo III, replacing the earlier Inferno difficulty. It is unlocked when one character on the account reaches level 60, regardless of whether or not Reaper of Souls is installed. It is broken into 13 different levels, adjustable at will. It can be changed from the main menu, and decreased at any time during the game unless playing a Hardcore character.
The Infernal Machine event must be completed in Torment.
Difficulty and RewardsEdit
|Torment Level||Monster Health||Monster Damage||Extra XP Bonus||Extra Gold Bonus||Increased Legendary Drop Rate|
Each level of Torment increases the chance of a legendary item to drop by roughly 15%. Imperial gems also have a chance to drop in Master and higher difficulties (Torment included). At Torment VII or higher, Rift Guardians are guaranteed to drop a Forgotten Soul with increasing chance to drop the second one.
As of patch 2.3.0, four more levels of Torment difficulty were added: VII, VIII, IX and X. However, they may not be accessed immediately, only being unlocked when player proves their worth:
- Torment VII-X can now only be accessed by level 70 characters
- Torment VII-X public games can now only be accessed by players that meet a Paragon level requirement:
- Torment VII requires a Paragon level over 100
- Torment VIII requires a Paragon level over 150
- Torment IX requires a Paragon level over 200
- Torment X requires a Paragon level over 250
Patch 2.4.2 added 3 more levels, as the power of average endgame builds made T10 completely trivial for a considerable portion of players.
Torment Exclusive ItemsEdit
- Infernal Machines
- Ramaladni's Gift
- Lvl 60 class-specific sets
- Lvl 70 class-specific sets
- Armor of Akkhan (Crusader)
- Delsere's Magnum Opus (Wizard)
- Roland's Legacy (Crusader)
- Embodiment of the Marauder (Demon Hunter)
- Firebird's Finery (Wizard)
- Helltooth Harness (Witch Doctor)
- Raiment of a Thousand Storms (Monk)
- Seeker of the Light (Crusader)
- Spirit of Arachyr (Witch Doctor)
- The Legacy of Raekor (Barbarian)
- Uliana's Stratagem (Monk)
- Unhallowed Essence (Demon Hunter)
- Wrath of the Wastes (Barbarian)
- Themed sets
- Follower items
- Legendary potions
- Bottomless Potion of Amplification
- Bottomless Potion of Kulle-Aid
- Bottomless Potion of Mutilation
- Bottomless Potion of Regeneration
- Bottomless Potion of the Diamond
- Bottomless Potion of the Leech
- Bottomless Potion of the Tower
- Bottomless Potion of Rejuvenation
- Bottomless Potion of Fear
- Bottomless Potion of Chaos