All set pieces are restricted to Necromancers. Even transmogrification of these items is only available to Necromancers.
The set consists of six pieces. All six are required to complete the set, and all six are Necromancer-restricted.
- Trag'Oul's Claws (Gloves)
- Trag'Oul's Guise (Helm)
- Trag'Oul's Heart (Pauldrons)
- Trag'Oul's Hide (Pants)
- Trag'Oul's Scales (Chest)
- Trag'Oul's Stalwart Greaves (Boots)
- Blood Rush gains the effect of every rune (2 pieces)
- While at full Life, overhealing from skills is added to maximum Life for 45 seconds, up to 100% more (4 pieces)
- All Life-spending abilities deal 3300% increased damage. Healing from skills is increased by 100% (6 pieces)
The first effect combines effects of all runes to the point where Blood Rush no longer costs Life, but still gets an additional charge. Moreover, despite spending no Life, it is still affected by the two other bonuses.
The second effect duration is refreshed every time it is applied at full Life, however, this extra Life does not change the Life cost of Blood spells (in relative values): their cost is still a percentage of the new maximum Life. It is therefore possible to use this extra Life to safely cast Blood spells. If this effect fades and any excessive Life remains, the Necromancer is simply returned to 100% Life, otherwise the same (absolute value) of Life as before fading. A buff is displayed on the panel to indicate the percentage of additional Life gained.
The third bonus multiplicatively boosts all skills that cost Life, including the Blood skill rune variants (prior to 2.6.1, it would also double all Life costs). It also doubles all healing from skills (including indirect sources such as minions and passives). Note that Simulacrum, although it is technically a Life-spending ability, will only deal increased damage with basic attacks and Blood spells (i.e. those that would be empowered if used by the Necromancer).