Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- This lists all the dialogue the NPC Archangel Tyrael has with the player.
Act Two DialoguesEdit
Tyrael commands Marius to take the Soulstone to the Hellforge and destroy it:
- Fool! You have just ensured the doom of this world. You cannot even begin to imagine what you’ve set in motion this day. Go to the Temple of Light, in the eastern city of Kurast. There you will find the gate to Hell opened before you. You must find the courage to step through that gate Marius. Take the stone you hold to the Hellforge, where it will be destroyed. Now run! Take the stone and run!
Tyrael appears at the very end of the act, after a player has defeated Duriel, and gives the following message:
- I thank you, mortal, for my freedom. But I did expect you earlier.
- I am the Archangel Tyrael. I came here to prevent Diablo from freeing his brother, Baal. But I have failed. Now, Terror and Destruction roam free throughout your world.
- Even now, they head towards the Eastern capital of Kurast - to the very heart of the Zakarum Temple. There they hope to find their eldest brother, Mephisto, the Lord of Hatred who was imprisoned there ages ago.
- If the three Prime Evils unite, they will be invincible. Though it is unclear as to what their aims are, it is certain that they must be stopped at all costs.
- I am broken and the energies that tie me to this world are diminishing rapidly.
- You must take up this quest and prevent the Three Brothers from reuniting. You must cross the sea and search for Diablo and Baal in Kurast.
- Now hurry, mortal... Time is running out for all of us!
Act Four DialoguesEdit
Tyrael is a permanent resident of the Pandemonium Fortress, standing by the unlit fireplace the entire time a player is in Act Four. Tyrael gives out quests and quest rewards, and opens a red portal to Harrogath, after players (in the expansion pack) defeat Diablo.
- Good to see you.
- Good to see you again.
- Greetings, mortal. I knew you'd find your way back here.
- Hail to you, champion.
- I need your help.
- Thank you.
- Welcome, avenger.
- What can I do for you?
- What do you need?
- Your presence honors me.
- It is good to see you again, hero.
- Mephisto's defeat is a great victory for the Light. I knew that you would eventually find your way here. The Pandemonium Fortress is the last bastion of Heaven's power before the Gates of the Burning Hells.
- This place has been hallowed by the blood of thousands of champions of the Light, many of whom were mortal, like yourself. Now the final battle against the Prime Evils draws near... and you must face it alone.
- I have been forbidden to aid you directly, save for a few bits of wisdom. For this is the hour of mortal Man's triumph...your triumph.
- May the Light protect you and the powers of Heaven shine upon your path...
The Fallen AngelEdit
- There is a dark, tortured soul who was trapped within this forsaken realm long ago. He was called Izual by mortal men, and in ages past he was my most trusted Lieutenant.
- Yet, against my wishes he led an ill-fated assault upon the fiery Hellforge, itself.
- Despite his valor and strength, Izual was captured by the Prime Evils and twisted by their perverse power. They forced him to betray his own kind and give up Heaven's most guarded secrets.
- He became a corrupt shadow of his former self - a fallen angel trusted neither by Heaven nor Hell.
- For his transgressions, Izual's spirit was bound within the form of a terrible creature which was summoned from the Abyss. His maddened spirit has resided within that tortured husk for many ages now.
- It seems to me that he has suffered long enough. I implore you, hero, find Izual and release him from his cruel imprisonment.
- Put an end to his guilt and suffering.
- Though Izual no longer carries the Angelic Runeblade, Azurewrath, he may still possess great strength and power within his new form.
- Also, he may not be able to tell friend from foe while in his present state. If you find him, he will almost certainly be hostile.
- Proceed with the utmost caution.
- You mustn't delay, mortal hero. Izual must be put to rest, but Diablo still lurks within this realm.
- Go now... Hurry!
- Thank you, hero, for putting Izual's tortured spirit to rest. May the Light protect you and the powers of Heaven shine upon your path.
- But, if what you tell me is true, then I fear that we have been played for fools all along.
- Izual helped Diablo and his Brothers trick me into using the Soulstones against them... Now the Stones' powers are corrupted.
- With the combined powers of the Soulstones under their control, the Prime Evils will be able to turn the mortal world into a permanent outpost of Hell!
- The time has come to hunt down and destroy Diablo, himself.
- But beware, the Lord of Terror is not to be underestimated. He single-handedly destroyed the town of Tristram and corrupted the last noble hero who tried to stop him.
- This time, you must defeat him for good. Only by destroying the Soulstone which he carries will his spirit be banished forever.
- Good luck! Though this be our darkest hour, it may yet be your greatest moment.
Completion (Diablo II)
- Praise be to the Light! You have accomplished the impossible!
- Diablo and Mephisto have been banished back into the Black Abyss that spawned them and the corrupted Soulstones are no more.
- You've done well, hero. For now, you should rejoice.
Completion (Diablo II:LoD)
- Praise be to the Light! You have accomplished the impossible!
- Diablo and Mephisto have been banished back into the Black Abyss that spawned them, and the corrupted Soulstones are no more.
- However, while you were fighting here, Baal remained behind in the mortal realm, building an army of hellish minions. Now, Baal's army is searching for the Worldstone, the ancient source of all the Soulstones and their power, while leaving behind a wake of destruction. They have forged deeply into the Barbarian homelands, heading directly for the summit of Mount Arreat!
- Baal knows, mortal hero! That is the very site of the blessed Worldstone!
- Now, enter the portal I have opened for you. It will take you to the Barbarian city of Harrogath, the last bastion of Order on the slopes of Arreat.
About Deckard Cain
- Long ago, I swore an oath to watch over the Horadrim and their descendants.
- As Deckard Cain is the last of their esteemed Order, I will not allow him to perish here so far from the lands of his birth.
- Be at ease, hero, I know that he is your friend. He shall come to no harm.
Gossip (about Tyrael)Edit
From Deckard Cain
- I have read much about the enigmatic Archangel Tyrael. He was revered in Horadrim lore both for his compassion for mortals and his unquenchable spirit.
- It was rumored that he went against the wishes of Heaven and gave the Horadrim the original Soulstones in order to trap Diablo and his Brothers.
- "The angel Tyrael has watched over the guardians of Arreat throughout history. I do not believe that Baal and Tyrael have come to fight over a paltry few souls. They are here to settle a conflict as old as time itself."
From the Ancients
- The Archangel Tyrael has always been our benefactor, but even he cannot help us now. For Baal blocks Tyrael's spiritual presence from entering the chamber of the Worldstone. Only you, mortal, have the power to defeat Baal now.
- Baal has blocked Tyrael from entering the Worldstone Chamber? This truly has become a battle against Hell. Whether or not it was the Heavens' decree, this is your fight now -- your destiny.
Act Five DialoguesEdit
Tyrael appears at the very end of the act, after a character has defeated Baal in the Worldstone Chamber. Tyrael floats down from the ceiling after Baal's death, to speak and open a red portal that exits your character from the game and takes them to a victory screen where their new title is displayed. Tyrael's speech goes as follows:
I am impressed, mortal. You have overcome the greatest challenge this world has ever faced and defeated the last of the Prime Evils. However, we are too late to save the Worldstone. Baal's destructive touch has corrupted it completely.
Given enough time, the Worldstone's energies will drain away and the barriers between the worlds will shatter -- the powers of Hell will flood into this...Sanctuary...and eradicate your people and everything you've labored to build.
Therefore, I must destroy the corrupted Worldstone before the powers of Hell take root. This act will change your world forever -- with consequences even I cannot foresee. However, it is the only way to ensure mankind's survival.
Go now, mortal. I have opened a portal that will lead you to safety.
May the Eternal Light shine upon you and your descendants for what you've done this day. The continued survival of mankind is your legacy! Above all else, you have earned a rest from this endless battle.
To the Angiris Council, while judging Sanctuary and humanity:
...THIS THING GREW... AND GREW... UNTIL IT BECAME WHAT NONE COULD FATHOM, WHAT NONE COULD HAVE EXPECTED! THIS PLACE CALLED SANCTUARY HAS BROUGHT FORTH SUCH AS WE HAVE NEVER WITNESSED, THINGS I MYSELF CALLED ABOMINATIONS! Before Imperius could interrupt, Tyrael pressed, BUT ABOMINATIONS DO NOT FEEL SUFFERING, THEY DO NOT STRUGGLE FOR ONE ANOTHER AGAINST GREAT ODDS AND THEY DO NOT... THEY DO NOT... OF THEIR OWN FREE WILL... CHOOSE... YES... CHOOSE TO COMMIT SUCH GREAT SACRIFICE FOR THE SAKE OF OTHERS...
...I DID CALL THEM ABOMINATIONS... AND I WAS WRONG! MY VOTE IS FOR THEM... FOR I WOULD SEE WHAT THEY MIGHT BECOME... AND MARVEL IN IT.
You will not find your rest through revenge, however hard you try. Vengeance is an act of hatred, and hatred never brings peace. No, if you are to discover some peace, you must do it through an act of love. I think you will find it, though it may take you centuries....Do not worry. You have all the time in the world. May the light go with you, my friend.
Tyrael: Deckard sacrificed much to protect this world, but his work is not over.
Leah: (angry) What would you know about sacrifice?!
(Tyrael shows her his confrontation with Imperius and his fall from the High Heavens)
Imperius: Tyrael, the ancient law of the High Heavens strictly forbids us from interfering with the mortal world, yet you have done so, brazenly!
Tyrael: All I am guilty of, Imperius, is bringing justice, while you hide cowering behind your throne!
Imperius: (furious) SILENCE! (Imperius seizes Tyrael and summons Solarian) You will now answer for your transgression!
(After a brief struggle, Tyrael overpowers Imperius and hold him at bay with Solarian)
Tyrael: You cannot judge me; I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent! But if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother!
Leah: (awed) You chose to be one of us?
(Tyrael tears off his wings)
Tyrael: Thus I fell, willingly, because humanity is the only hope for this world.