Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I've been playing along with several characters, and I think that although retirement may be not too far away, I'm still finding these builds challenging. Without further ado, though, I'll post what I have as work-in-progress. Keep in mind that I only trade for runes to upgrade exceptional armor and weapons to their Elite versions.
Level 75 Paladin: FoH, PvM.
Yes, I know. The FoH paladin is a PvP build. I figured I'd horse around with one because I've done another Conviction build before. He's a decent caster, but last night I needed my Summoner Necromancer to eek him past Duriel. He'd completely own my Act 2 Hireling with a Bonehew, Duriel's Shell and Naj's circlet, and me running around with resistances all in the red, it didn't end well.
On the whole, he's decent, albeit nothing compared to the hammerdin. A challenge, to be sure, but not impossible. I'd have needed a better strategy against Duriel, namely a bit more crushing blow and some open wounds. I think that having a Duress on either my merc or myself and smiting him for a fair bit would have worked out. Boosted resistances would have been key as well.
- Helmet: Rare with a Frost Nova proc and Memory attributes.
- Amulet: +30% all res blue amulet or a +3 to combat skills. I also have a +3 offensive auras which I may use.
- Body Armor:I admit it! This is the one thing I could have easily changed. A 4ptopaz Full plate armor. I should have made a Smoke pr Treachery armor for my encounter.
- Belt: Goldwrap. I also have a Gloom's Trap, but I think the Bladebuckle would have been handy against Duriel.
- Gloves: Chance guards, although I have Frostburns and Magefists as well.
- Ring: 25% magic find. I should pick something else.
- Ring: a 10%FCR +23 cold res +24 cold res rare ring.
- Boots: rare "walkers" 10%FHR, 25% Heal Stamina and some minor lightning and poison res. also 24% magic find. I had a pair of unidentified goblin toes sitting in my stash. I should have put them to use.
- Weapon: Spectral Shard. 50%FCR, +10% all resistances and +50 Mana
- Shield: Wall of the Eyeless 20% FCR and some mana-related bonuses.
- Weapon: Knell Striker 25% crushing blow, 20% Fire and poison resistances.
- Shield: Lance Guard. 30%FHR, +50 life and 15% damage goes to mana.
Hireling: Act 2 "Holy Freeze"
- Weapon: Bonehew.
- Armor: Duriel's Shell
- Helm: Naj's Circlet
Level 71Paladin: Emodin
Okay, this is a build I'm going to have to write up sometime. The tactics for the Emodin are pretty much the same as they are for the Avenger, but with a different skills set. Take Sacrifice and build it and its synergies to 20. Put 1 point each skill of the Holy Shield branch. Grab a reasonably fast high damage beating stick and beat everything senseless. Again, the hammerdin may crank out higher damage, but I can't say that I'm displeased with the result.
- Helmet: Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest.
- Amulet: A rare amulet that has a base +20% to all resistances and then stacks another 33% in lightning.
- Body Armor:I have Iron Pelt at the moment, but I also have a Shaftstop. It seems at the moment, Integer damage reduction works better than the % reduction.
- Belt: Wilhel,'s Pride. 5% dual leech and just waiting for the helm to drop sometime.
- Gloves: Magnus' Skin. Nothing great, but when complete the Orphan's Call set is excellent.
- Ring: Dwarf Star.
- Ring: Raven Frost
- Boots: I have a choice of Goblin Toes (which I think I'll move to my assassin after I upgrade them) and Gore Riders. I admit I'm a challenge junkie, but I'm not THAT much of a challenge junkie.
- Weapon: Upgraded Butcher's Pupil. When in doubt, cheap, one handed, fast and kicks out nice damage.
- Shield: Tiamat's Rebuke. A fun shield because of the procs and elemental damage, but also useful because of the resistance bonus.
- Weapon: Crushflange. 33% crushing blow to cut the initial chunks out of bosses.
- Shield: Whitstan's Guard. Excellent blocking bonuses, but also because I'm looking to collect Guillaume's Face.
Hireling: Act 5
- Weapon: Lawbringer Legend sword
- Armor: Ethereal Hawkmail. Upgraded. I may trade some gems for making it elite.
- Helm: Wormskull
And for now, I'm going to break it into two parts because I have a few more characters that I've been playing on and off.