Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Activision-Blizzard had a 2011 Q4 financials call that included an overview of what might be coming in 2012. GameSpy says that Activision-Blizzard's CEO, Bobby Kotick, thinks Diablo III will release sometime in Q2 of 2012 which is a positive suggestion. This seems possible from the reduced change in the recent Beta releases. As someone who has been playing the Beta, it has gotten more stable and they are fixing bugs. I'm a little concerned with what appears to be the beginning of removal of features (most minor, like gold fetching companions), but if we're this close to a release (a matter of months), that kind of thing is to be expected.
Now if only Blizzard would open up more of the game beyond Act I.
Read more >
- Summary and commentary on System Changes by Jay Wilson Jan 19, 2012 9:00 AM PST on the official US D3 site.
Summary of upcoming Beta changes:
- Scrolls of Identification are no longer in the game.
- Moving the fifth quick slot button, which is becoming a dedicated potion button, to the right of the mouse button slots.
- Removing the Mystic artisan.
- Removing the Cauldron of Jordan and Nephalem Cube.
- The Blacksmith artisan will now salvage items.
- Stone of Recall is now Town Portal, and is integrated directly onto the skill bar UI.
- Common (white) items will no longer be salvageable.
- Changing core character attributes to Strength, Dexterity, Intellect, and Vitality.
- Displaying character stats directly on the inventory UI.
Other info not mentioned in the offici…Read more >
A curious article I stumbled across...
- From Will Diablo 3 be delayed because of South Korea’s gambling concerns? by Alex Roth on January 04, 2012.
Diablo III News: Video games and gambling don't mix in South Korea. Diablo 3's real money auction house has invoked the ire of their Ratings Board.
Read more >
The video games rating board of South Korea doesn’t like Diablo III’s auction house, and they’re fretting could delay the game’s world-wide release. Specifically, it’s the ability to change in-game money into real world cash that’s troubling the Korean Media Ratings Board. To them, this game-created revenue source could result in gambling, a vice they’re more than a little sensitive about. It’s resulted in much foot-dragging on their part, which could s…
I was lucky enough to get a Beta key a few days ago from one of my WoW sources who apparently has contacts in Blizzard or something. So, I've been playing the Beta for the last few days.
Executive summary: Yes, it is definitely a Beta.
My general impressions of the Diablo III Beta is that it feels alot like Diablo II with lots of World of Warcraft-like infrastructure features, like a launcher/downloader, an Auction House (although not apparently accessible in-game), very chatty in-game NPC helper that acts like a smarter combat pet, and 3D graphics. However, the game definitely feels like the dungeon crawl Diablo games we all love. It is more evolution than revolution with several nice upgrades from Diablo II, but nothing radically different…Read more >
Activision Blizzard, the parent holding company of Blizzard Entertainment give some info about the Diablo III beta in its first quarterly earnings call in May 2011, so many folks were hoping for more definitive information about the actual release date in the earnings call for this second quarter. Assuming Blizzard is trying to keep up its string of quality releases of major titles, not committing to a date is not unusual, but for the many players who have been waiting long years for the release, the lack of guidance is disappointing.
Read more >