Warrior's Rest Book renamedEdit
I think Warrior's Rest Book should be named something else (like Warrior's Rest (tome) or Warrior's Rest (book)), but I didn't want to do it before asking you about, in case I do something wrong, like with the Journals and making you or some one else to do extra work fixing that mistake.--D1D2D3 (talk) 12:21, August 28, 2014 (UTC)
Hi, I was wondering how one could become a chat moderator on this wiki, I am curious for future refrence shall I ever wish to become one, could you provide a link or the requirnments for me please. Batrada (talk) 19:44, August 29, 2014 (UTC)Batrada
I think you misjudge my Ultimate Necromancer page. It is ultimate because one cannot possibly deal more uninterrutable magic damage per second, and the revives are powerful. One can also benefit from the Thorns curse when using Bone Prsion and Wall. It is an excellent and versatile build, albeit simple. Sorry I don't know how to format. No picture is necassary, as I understood it.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk · contr).
Hello, I was thinking of creating a page called "The Host of Hell", this is referred to the army that Diablo lead to the High Heavens when he became the Prime Evil.CNBA3 (talk) 18:20, September 18, 2014 (UTC)
- Well, the reason it does not exist yet is that there is no canonical name for it. Diablo once refers to it as Demonic Legion (a counterpart to Heavenly Host). Pryamus (talk) 18:53, September 18, 2014 (UTC)
- @Pryamus, Ok, I see what you mean, the reason for this it was with Azmodan Leading his own demonic army and Baal with his own, I thought Diablo lead his own collective army of demons from different parts of Hell, something like a sub-army to the Demonic Legion. CNBA3 (talk) 19:13, September 18, 2014 (UTC)
Yep, I remember that... My Unique Monster builder is template-based, that's why it puts those automatically. However, considering the reorganization will need to be global (about 800 pages), I'm afraid it will be of little help now ((( Pryamus (talk) 09:38, September 20, 2014 (UTC)
Hi Hawki. My name is Brandon Rhea, and I'm the Senior Community Manager here at Wikia. We're about to begin a project that's part of our Fan Studio, and the project is based around major fandom moments from 2014. To give a bit of context, Fan Studio is a program where fans on Wikia can be connected with brands from the entertainment and video gaming industries. Fans get to interact with brands and share opinions that could impact final products and releases, or whatever it may be that a partner brand is working on.
Right now we are working on a project with a partner where fans get to help collaborate on creating videos around specific moments in fandom from 2014. One of the moments is the release of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls. A Diablo fan will be paired with a video creator from our partner, and the two would then collaborate on creating a video telling the story of Reaper of Souls' release. The fan's participation could be as much as editing, writing, narrating, or even appearing in the video, or as limited as serving as a behind the scenes consultant.
Tephra recommended you for the project. Would you have any interest in joining this project? If so, I can send you an email (using the email address in your Wikia account) with more information. Let me know, thanks! - Brandon Rhea(talk) 00:32, October 24, 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for letting me know! Would you like to join the Fan Studio program anyway? It comes with no obligations, but can afford you opportunities that you may be able to take in the future. - Brandon Rhea(talk) 14:46, October 24, 2014 (UTC)
References to popular cultureEdit
I noticed that over the years, many people (including me) have proposed trivia section references that show an inspiration of names / appearances / etc. in popular culture, myths, and other sources, for all types of entities in the universe. It is quite typical for Blizzard games, and most of the time, if you feel that there is a reference, it's indeed there. However, some of them are rejected: for example, Fulminator's similarity to Glamdring.
I wanted to ask how should we determine if we include such things or not. At first I thought we should put the words "possible reference" unless we are 100% sure, but it turns out we are using it even if the reference is quite transparent (as, for example, for The Tall Man's Finger ring). I also sometimes feel the references are stretched (Dirgest or Inquisitor Sebacious may be examples of that), yet there are some much more uncertain ones, and we still keep them.
So, it is a solid Wikia policy written somewhere, or is it to our judgment? For now, I simply insert everything that comes to my mind and leave it for you and Tephra to sort out. Pryamus (talk) 09:28, April 11, 2015 (UTC)
- Understood, thank you. I'll leave it all to you, then. Right now I am thinking about the Rakkis's Strategies of War and The Craft of War in-game books. While they are both most likely a reference to Sun Tzu's The Art of War, I don't know how to better put it. However, the first book is almost identical to it in essence, and the second one even has an identical name. If you feel that this may be a reference, please put it in :P Basically, it's the dilemma I encounter every day on this wiki. Pryamus (talk) 09:44, April 11, 2015 (UTC)
There were a bunch of pics of Torture Devices in the Realm of Pain, are they Duriel's or Baal's tortrue devices?
Hawki, I think we need your opinion. Please check the conversation we're having about the templates with Tephra lately; I am trying to build a mobile-compatible skill template for D2 and D3. The reason for this is that after an update, the old templates gained an unchangeable white background, which is out of style for this wiki. Moreover, the old templates are causing glitches when viewed in mobile mode (every template that makes text colored forcibly puts it on a separate line). I tried changing the text templates too, and am close to solving the issue, but any feedback would be very much welcome.
Specifically, please take a look at this template sample: User:Pryamus/Meteor and let me know what you think. Is it visually okay? Maybe some color changes or anything else? Pryamus (talk) 10:24, April 22, 2015 (UTC)
- Thank you for feedback, we'll figure this all out very soon. Pryamus (talk) 11:22, April 22, 2015 (UTC)
I wanted to ask this. There are multiple notes (development and trivia sections) with skills that require a source. I think I recall all these facts being true and confirmed in blue posts etc., but I don't think I can find any of these sources. Got any tips on how to find them? Pryamus (talk) 15:35, April 27, 2015 (UTC)