Required Level: 18
Skill Tree: Combat Skills
Requires: Sacrifice, Zeal
Cost: 4 Mana
Adds Elemental (Fire, Lightning and Cold) damage to all melee attacks.
Damage Type: Physical
Synergies: Resist Cold, Resist Fire, Resist Lightning, Salvation
Other Stats: Multiple Elemental Damage Type: Physical, Fire, Cold and Lightning
When a Paladin undertakes a crusade to banish evil, he is permitted to call upon the just souls of past crusades. Thus summoned, the spirits of the honorably vanquished manifest themselves and lend their energies to the weapons of the Paladin.
Vengeance empowers the user's attack to deliver extra Fire, Lightning, and Cold damage in addition to their normal melee attack. Damage of the elemental attack is calculated as percentage of normal weapon damage. This is especially helpful in higher difficulty levels to combat the extra Physical resistance all monsters are granted. Due to multiple damage types, it is guaranteed to deliver at least some damage to any monster on Hell difficulty, regardless of immunities. However, Vengeance can be a very Mana-intensive skill at higher levels, so paladins who wish to use this skill regularly must possess a means of quickly recovering mana.
The following factors count toward Vengeance elemental damage, increasing the power of elemental bonus attack:
- On-weapon ED%.
- On-weapon +min/+max damage.
- +min/+max damage in off-weapon equipment (such as War Traveler, Bloodfist or +min/+max jewels socketed in armor/helm/shield).
- +min/+max damage charms.
What doesn't count towards Vengeance's elemental damage (though still applies to the weapon blow itself):
- Off-weapon ED, from Strength, abilities such as Might Aura, %ED from armor such as Duress Rune Word, or armor-socketed +%ED jewels.
- Weapon added damage that reads "damage + xx" such as Grief Rune Word and The Redeemer. This has been tested in game to not work.
- Factors such as Deadly Strike, Open Wounds or Crushing Blow.
- Gives synergy to :
- Receives synergy from :
|Elemental Damage +%||70||76||82||88||94||100||106||112||118||124|
|Elemental Damage +%||130||136||142||148||154||160||166||172||178||184||216|