Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| Wave of Light|
Required Level: 12
Skill Category: Secondary
Cost: 75 Spirit
Focus a wave of light that crushes enemies for 835% damage as Holy.
Damage Type: Holy
Other Stats: Destroys corpses; Casting Delay: 0.3 seconds
Wave of Light is a Secondary Monk skill.
When activated, drops a massive spectral bell right next to the Monk, dealing high damage to enemies caught in a 10 yard radius circle. Damage is dealt with roughly 0.3 seconds delay. The bell is dropped so that its outer edge barely touches the Monk.
The potent effect of this skill, however, is compensated by its tremendous Spirit cost: it is one of two most expensive Monk skills in game, the other being Sweeping Wind.
- Wall of Light: damage type changes to Physical, and enemies hit by the bell are also Stunned for 1 second (unlocked at level 18).
- Explosive Light: instead of dropping a bell, releases 8 burst waves in all directions from the Monk, each wave dealing 830% damage as Fire, attacking all enemies in 8 yards wide, 40 yards long lines (unlocked at level 25).
- Empowered Wave: increases damage to 1045% (unlocked at level 35).
- Shattering Light: damage type changes to Cold, and after the bell hits, also sends an 10 yards wide, 60 yards long sonic wave forward, hitting all enemies in line for 820% damage as Cold. The wave can only damage enemies that have not been damaged by the bell itself (unlocked at level 49).
- Pillar of the Ancients: damage type changes to Lightning, drops a Nephalem pillar instead of a bell (decreasing damage to 635%), and then causes the pillar to crackle with lightning, dealing additional 785% damage as Lightning over 3 seconds in the impact area (unlocked at level 57).
- Incense Torch of the Grand Temple (Legendary Daibo): increases damage by 25-30% and reduces Spirit cost by 40-50%.
- Kyoshiro's Blade (Legendary Fist Weapon): increases damage by 150%, and by another 200-250% if the initial blast hits 3 enemies or less.
- Tzo Krin's Gaze (Legendary Spirit Stone): Wave of Light is now dropped at the targeted enemy anywhere within line of sight, and its damage increases by 125-150%.
- Pinto's Pride (Legendary Bracers): increases damage by 125-150% and slows affected foes by 80% for 3 seconds.
- Monkey King's Garb Set (Set Bonus for 6 items): on each cast, consumes a stack of Sweeping Wind to deal 3000% increased damage.
|This page contains obsolete content|
This article contains information that is no longer relevant to gameplay, but is kept here for informational purposes.
Prior to patch 2.1, all runes were dealing additional damage in line: the Monk would ring the bell (so hard that it would bend), sending a sonic wave forward, dealing average damage across the line.
- Regardless of which weapon type the Monk uses, Wave of Light is animated with Daibo.
- The skill graphics depict the bell, a traditional attribute of both Orthodox and Buddhist monasteries and temples. Both of these cultures served as an inspiration for the concept of the Monk class.