Whirlwind is a Secondary Barbarian skill, unlocked at level 20.
Whirlwind is a channeled skill: while it lasts, the Barbarian may not use other skills, except those that do not interrupt channeling. It causes the Barbarian to whirl wildly in a twister of blows, dealing 340% damage as Physical per tick to all enemies within 9 yards. While channeling, the Barbarian may move, and even moves unhindered through enemies, with full movement speed. When activated, Whirlwind breaks all Immobilize effects, and makes the Barbarian immune to them while channeled.
- Dust Devils: as the Barbarian moves under Whirlwind, they create one harsh tornado per tick. Each tornado moves up to 30 yards in roughly the same direction the Barbarian is traveling, dealing 120% damage as Physical to enemies in its path.
- Hurricane: damage type changes to Cold, and Whirlwind also randomly pulls one enemy per tick from up to 35 yards away towards the Barbarian. Has no effect on enemies immune to Knockback.
- Blood Funnel: Critical Hits restore 1% of the Barbarian's maximum Life.
- Wind Shear: damage type changes to Lightning, and regains 1 Fury per tick for every enemy hit.
- Volcanic Eruption: damage type changes to Fire, and damage increases to 400% per tick.
- Skull Grasp (Legendary Ring): increases Whirlwind weapon damage by additional 300-400% per tick.
- Bul-Kathos's Oath Set (Set Bonus for 2 items): during Whirlwind, grants the Barbarian additional 30% increased Attack Speed and Movement Speed.
- Wrath of the Wastes Set (Set Bonus for 4 items): while channeling Whirlwind, the Barbarian takes 40% reduced damage.
- Wrath of the Wastes Set (Set Bonus for 6 items): Whirlwind gains Dust Devils rune in addition to any other, and weapon damage of Dust Devils increases to 2500%.
| Primary Skills|
Bash • Cleave • Frenzy • Weapon Throw