Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Wormwood is a Legendary staff in Diablo III. It requires character level 50 to drop. Originally this item was dropping for all characters; as of patch 2.1.2, it used to drop for Seasonal characters only during the Season Two. Once the Season Two ended, it started to drop for all characters again.
Prior to 2.1.2, this staff had an unusually high chance to Fear on hit.
The legendary affix casts a Locust Swarm spell, even if the Witch Doctor does not have it, on a random enemy within 20 yards, preferring those that are not yet affected by this skill. This Locust Swarm benefits from all runes and enhancements. It is also the only weapon with a bonus to Poison skill damage.
Stats (Level 50)Edit
- 813.0–862.0 Damage Per Second
- (674–714)–(952–1010) Damage
- 1.00 Attacks per Second
- +(180–220)–(216–274) Poison Damage
- Poison skills deal 20–25% more damage.
- Locust Swarm is cast on a nearby enemy every second.
- One of 2 Magic Properties (varies):
- +2 Random Magic Properties
The poisonous hatred of many a man was harnessed to create this staff.
- Wormwood is a real-world toxic plant.
- "Wormwood" is also mentioned in the Book of Revelation in the New Testament: "The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water— the name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter." Among other plagues, swarms of locust-like creatures also feature in Revelation.