Wyatt Cheng was the senior technical game designer for Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, and the current senior game designer of Diablo III. He is responsible for reviewing, tuning, and balancing skills and runes across all of the game's classes. He also monitors and adjusts difficulty, champion monsters, crafting, and random item generation, among other game systems. He worked on Set Dungeon design.
Cheng joined Blizzard Entertainment in 2003. He has also contributed to bosses in World of Warcraft, such as the Twin Emperors, Patchwerk, and the Four Horsemen. He worked on Diablo III from the earliest days of its development.
Cheng holds a B.S. in electrical engineering from Simon Fraser University. In addition to computer games, his hobbies include board and card games, as well as playing the guitar and cooking.
- The Butcher is his favorite boss within the series. He finished the original game within a single sitting when it came out.
- ↑ 2013-12-05, BlizzCon 2013 – Diablo III: Gameplay Systems + Crusader Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2014-02-21
- ↑ 2016-10-16, THE FUTURE OF DIABLO: WHAT'S NEXT?. Blizzpro, accessed on 2016-10-17
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 2014-11-07, BlizzCon 2014 Press Kit
- ↑ 2016-02-05, DEVELOPER INSIGHTS: SET DUNGEONS. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2016-02-06
- ↑ 2017-08-02, How Blizzard Saved Diablo 3 From Disaster. Kotaku, accessed on 2017-08-06
- ↑ 2016-11-07, Diablo III: Diablo 20th Anniversary Panel (BlizzCon 2016). YouTube, accessed on 2016-11-07