Speaking to Zhar will activate a quest, in which he will give the player a book. One can also click on all the books on the pedestals in the library, which will drop different scrolls. Trying to grab the books in the bookcase will infuriate him and will cause him to attack the player. He is most easily defeated by being cornered or, even better, catching him between the two lamps left and right in front of the bookcase. He will not be able to Phasing away but phase himself out and reappear every few seconds, leaving enough time for the player to hit him once or twice, without attacking the character.
- What? Why are you here? All these interruptions are enough to make one insane. *mad laughter* Here, take this and leave me to my work. Trouble me no more.
- ARGH! Your curiosity will be the death of you! (proceeds to attack the character)
- I'm sorry... did I break your concentration? (the character after defeating Zhar)
Lloigor the Crazed bears similarities to him in regards to personality and game placement.
- He speaks with a North British accent.
- The quote said after killing Zhar may be a reference to the 1994 film Pulp Fiction.